World Heritage Journeys EU Holiday Competition
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the World Heritage Journeys EU online Holiday Competition, organized by the UNESCO World Heritage and Sustainable Tourism Programme, in collaboration with National Geographic. This competition is part of the World Heritage Journeys of the European Union project, an initiative supported by the European Union. By participating in the contest, the candidates accept the full Terms and Conditions contained herein.
This competition requires that Entrants register via a form accessible through the UNESCO World Heritage Journeys of the EU website and select 3 World Heritage Journeys sites they would like to visit.
The contest is free of charge.
- An individual from any country can take part in this competition. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) employees of UNESCO (either permanent or temporary); (b) parents, siblings, children and spouses of UNESCO employees; (c) employees of the World Heritage sites participating in the World Heritage Journeys of the EU project.
- The competition begins on December 11, 2019 at 9 am and ends on at 30 December 2019 at 11am Paris time (GMT + 2). Entries must be submitted via the online entry form found at https://visitworldheritage.com/holiday-giveaway. There will be one drawing to award several prizes. UNESCO shall not bear any responsibility for late or lost entries due to network failure or any other reason.
- Registration will include name and email address. Once entries have been submitted, they will automatically be entered into the competition. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person over the competition period, any additional entries will not be counted. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void.
- UNESCO will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of UNESCO’s policies, standards, or practices.
- Entrants who complete the competition entry form will receive one (1) entry into the competition. Entrants may then receive a second entry by sharing the World Heritage Journeys of the EU video at https://youtu.be/fx_9menhaoM on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #visiteuworldheritage. In order to receive the second competition entry, the social media post must be public and the name on the social media account must match the name used to complete the competition entry form. Entrants may receive a total of two (2) entries into the competition.
- Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement with the Terms and Conditions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
- One winner of the first prize will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The winner of the first prize will receive a trip for two people to Europe (includes a voucher for airfares, hotel and rail travel valued up to $3000). The voucher will be presented to the winner of the first prize who will be responsible for organizing their own travel within the conditions of the voucher. Should the costs of the travel exceed the value of the voucher, these costs will be borne by the winner of the first prize.
- In addition, two winners of the second prize will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The winners of the second prize will receive a copy of the UNESCO and National Geographic World Heritage Journeys Bookazine.
- On 31 December 2019, a random drawing will be conducted by UNESCO from all eligible entries made during the competition. The winners will be notified by e-mail, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. UNESCO shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason.
- There will be no cash alternatives.
- UNESCO’s decision will be final. Any attempt by an Entrant to influence the result or subvert the competition will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Participation in this competition implies accepting all of the present Terms and Conditions without exception. UNESCO reserves the right to rule on any issue(s) not covered by these Terms and Conditions. In the event that an Entrant should disagree with any decision made by UNESCO, that Entrant will have the right to withdraw his or her Entry.
- UNESCO will inform the winners of the results of the competition by 8 January 2020. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit the prize and, at UNESCO’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- UNESCO reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the competition, at any time and for any reason.
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of UNESCO.
For any further information, please contact: [email protected]