Several tour routes lead through the chateau interior, from representative halls, to the princely apartments, rooms of the small princes and princesses and the Puppet Museum.
The basic tour shows you around the Representative rooms, further options are the Private Princely apartments, Children's room & Museum of marionettes and Grotta - an artificial baroque cave. All tours offer a great experience and give you the feel of the life ambiance of one of Europe's richest families.
The castle is one of the most visited monuments in the Czech Republic. Its 19th century Neo-Gothic reconstruction created a residence surrounded by one of Europe's largest parks (almost 200 ha), in which the visitor finds the Palm-house, the Venetian fountain, Roman aqueduct, the Chinese Pavilion, artificial ruins, a minaret, and the romantic John's Castle.
- January: closed
- February, March, April: Saturday, Sunday, 10:00 – 16:00
- May, June: Tuesday - Sunday, 09:00 – 17:00
- July, August: daily, 09:00 - 17:00
- September: Tuesday - Sunday, 09:00 – 17:00
- October: Saturday, Sunday, 09:00 - 16:00
- November: Saturday, Sunday, 10:00 – 16:00
- December: closed
Check the website for up to date information.
The main guided tour
- 190 CZK (€ 7,5) / reduced 130 CZK (€ 5) - guide in Czech language with text in English.
- 330 CZK (€ 13) / reduced 230 CZK (€ 9) - guide in English language - reservation needed
- 60 – 150 CZK (€ 2.5 – € 6), visit the website
Credit cards are accepted, online ticketing is available here
Café, souvenir shop, toilets are at the castle area.
Parking for cars and buses is close by, in distance 300 m from castle.